We’re Hiring! Calling all talented System Technicians
Job Title – Systems Technician
Hosting Ireland is one of Ireland’s leading domain name registrars and provider of hosting services and solutions. Over the last 10 years Hosting Ireland has built a reputation for outstanding customer support and prides itself with delivering leading edge hosting platforms to the web community. Hosting Ireland is now embarking on its next phase of expansion and is looking for talented individuals who can continue to build the company’s reputation and go that extra mile in delivering world class support.
The key responsibility of this role is to deliver exceptional technical support to our customers, which includes the following:
– Deploy, maintain and manage the hosting infrastructure and resources including cloud platforms.
– Handle escalated tickets from the front line support team to resolution and interface with customers where required
– Work with a continual improvement methodology to improve user experience and automation of management systems through scripting, coding and innovation
– Respond to alerts and issues out of hours on an on-call basis
– Proactively anticipate any potential down time/traffic issues and resolve before they arise
– Troubleshoot Dell servers, Cisco switches, Linux & Windows virtual machines
– Responsible for the real time monitoring of all hardware and software applications on a variety of operating systems across multiple datacenters, diagnosing and repairing faults.
Desired Skills & Experience
– Minimum of 3 years experience in an IT environment
– Proven track record of dealing with customer enquiries
– Expert knowledge of either Linux or Windows operating systems
– Basic understanding of Microsoft technologies, such as IIS, SQL, ASP & AD
– Ability to work under pressure and excellent problem solving skills
– Excellent organisation skills and the ability to work in a team environment
– Previous experience in physical server deployments (cabling, OS installation etc)
– Previous customer facing ticket based helpdesk experience
– General understanding of networking and TCP/IP
– Experience in Cloud hosting platforms would be an advantage
Please send us your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org